Topic: Bullying -- Strategies and Partnerships for Change
Facilitators: John Johnson – Options Resource CIL E. Grand Forks, MN
Bullying PDF file for this discussion: Bullying Strategies and Partnerships for Change
Join us to:
- Discuss the prevalence of bullying against youth with disabilities and the types of bullying.
- Find out who the best community partners are in a successful anti-bullying program.
- Learn what goes into a successful anti-bullying law and how your state rates.
- Explore what CILs can do to promote anti-bullying programs in their communities.
- Review a sample school survey on the extent of bullying.
IL Conversations is a CIL-Net presentation hosted by APRIL in cooperation with ILRU and NCIL, and provides IL practitioners with an opportunity to talk with colleagues about the nuts and bolts of running a center for independent living and providing core and other services, as well as to address broader state and national issues impacting CILs, SILCs, and people with disabilities. Watch for our next IL Conversation Announcement! Different facilitators who are currently working in the field will join us to lead the discussion, answer questions and refer participants to additional resources.
IL Conversations originated with the University of Arkansas, CURRENTS.
For more information, call:
Training and Technical Assistance
390 Crepe Myrtle Drive
Greer, SC 29651