ENDependence Center of Northern Virginia (ECNV) Open Position:
Director of Administration
The ENDependence Center of Northern Virginia (ECNV) is a 40-year-old nonprofit organization that provides direct services, advocacy, and support to individuals with disabilities and chronic conditions and their families to ensure individuals can thrive, live independently, and in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains the organization's administrative and human resource-related policies and procedures.
- Ensures the organization's compliance with applicable health, building, safety, business licensing and certification requirements.
- Serves as a member of the organization's key administrative decision-making and planning body.
- Collaborates with all management staff to identify and deliver the required administrative and human resource operations for the organization.
- Assist with organizing events and meetings held at the ECNV office or off-site.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To read the supervisory responsibilities, human resource duties, and financial management duties please click the button below to access the full job description.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration/Management, Human Resources, Organizational Management, or related field required.
- Ten years of experience in administration, including three years in a supervisory capacity, is required.
- Thorough understanding of, or ability to quickly learn, the office equipment, recordkeeping systems, management information systems, and related protocols used in the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional and tactful interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a variety of personalities.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Qualified person with a disability.
- Work experience in Independent Living, Disability Advocacy, or other intersecting Social Justice field.
- Spanish, Amharic, or second language/other than English fluency.