January 25, 2012
AgrAbility - Partnerships to Assist Agricultural Workers and other Rural Residents with Disabilities
Bill Fields, National AgrAbility Project
Paul Jones, National AgrAbility Project
Corey McGregor, Wyoming Services for Independent Living
Join us to:
- Hear about the history, mission, and structure of AgrAbility.
- Discover new resource materials for serving rural audiences.
- Learn how CILs can partner with state land-grant colleges and get involved in state projects.
- Understand the services provided through the projects and the connection between AgrAbility and APRIL.
- Discuss the CIL connection and the impact farm visits can have on home and the environment.
- Share ideas and experiences from a CIL perspective and discuss resources for future training.
Links for presentation:
- PDF file brochure for National AgrAbility
- Email contact for AgrAbility is
IL Conversations is a CIL-Net presentation hosted by APRIL in cooperation with ILRU and NCIL, and provides IL practitioners with an opportunity to talk with colleagues about the nuts and bolts of running a center for independent living and providing core and other services, as well as to address broader state and national issues impacting CILs, SILCs, and people with disabilities. Watch for our next IL Conversation Announcement! Different facilitators who are currently working in the field will join us to lead the discussion, answer questions and refer participants to additional resources.
IL Conversations originated with the University of Arkansas, CURRENTS.
This IL Conversation is presented by the CIL-NET. The CIL-NET is operated by the Independent Living Research Utilization program at TIRR Memorial Hermann in partnership with the National Council on Independent Living and the Association of Programs for Rural Independent Living. Support for the presentation was provided by the U.S. Department of Education, Rehabilitation Services Administration. No official endorsement of the Department of Education should be inferred.
For more information, call:
Training and Technical Assistance
APRIL and the IL Net
390 Crepe Myrtle Drive
Greer, SC 29561