Disability Rights Montana Executive Director Position
Westaff has been retained by Disability Rights Montana to manage the search for its Executive Director. This full-time position is in DRM’s Helena, MT office.
Salary: $112,000 to $133,000, commensurate with experience.
Benefits Include: 403(b) contribution, health, dental, vision care, life insurance, long-term care insurance and vacation/sick leave.
To apply please email your cover letter and resume directly to
- The primary purpose of this position is to oversee the overall operation and strategic plan of Disability Rights Montana.
- The Executive Director is the management leader for Disability Rights Montana and reports to the governing Board of Directors.
- This position leads the organization in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission.
- The Executive Director is the spokesperson for Disability Rights Montana and builds relationships with consumers, the public, media, government, DRM’s national association, and other stakeholders.
- The Executive Director supports and manages staff whose experiences, cultures, and languages reflect the community DRM serves.
- Lead a dynamic group of professionals to accomplish critical mission of protecting the legal rights of people with disabilities.
- Serve as an effective leader in this civil rights movement with passion, vision, and action plans.
- Bring perspective and vision for the next chapter of Disability Rights MT and translate that vision into achievable steps to increase its visibility and impact.
- Utilize excellent presentation and networking skills to promote Disability Rights MT’s mission and leverage opportunities for systemic change.
- Act as a recognized, respected advocate and spend a significant amount of time in the community with stakeholders.
- Apply working knowledge of applicable laws and legal processes.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study.
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school.
- Active license to practice law in Montana or obtain prior to end of probationary period.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in active law practice; 5 years preferred.
- Experience with personnel supervision, budget development, leadership, strategic planning, and decision-making.
- Fundraising experience, including grant writing and management, preferred.
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization and with Boards of Directors preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Legal Knowledge Regarding: Disability Rights, Medicaid, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Discrimination
- Ability to develop vision, goals, and action plans for the future of Disability Rights MT
- Management / Administrative Experience.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
- Proven Leadership, Negotiation, and Critical Thinking Skills
- Knowledge of Federal Funding Sources and Government Grants.
- Business Acumen.
- Familiarity with social media platforms.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
Click Here to Read the Full Job Description