Disability Rights & Resources
Fighting for Justice... Advancing Independence
5801 Executive Center Drive - Suite #101 - Charlotte, NC 28212
Disability Rights & Resources is seeking an individual, with personal life experience with a disability, full-time to provide peer mentoring and advocacy with people with disabilities in Mecklenburg, Union, Gaston, and Cabarrus counties.
This position requires:
- High School graduate and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in human service delivery and/or working with people with disabilities preferred.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in independent living.
- Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement human service delivery systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including public speaking.
- Ability to promote professional communication and contacts.
- Extensive knowledge of independent living philosophy and movement.
- Knowledge of human service agencies, community resources, and organizations serving people with disabilities.
- Knowledge of housing and housing resources in our community.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, web-based email and calendar, and Google Drive Suite preferred.
- Knowledge of sign language is a plus.
A complete job description is available upon request.
Current Work Situation
- At the present time, all employees work remotely due to the Covid-19 pandemic. This position is remote to start and will move onsite once all employees transition back into the office at the appropriate time.
Salary and Benefits
- Potential starting salary is $32,000 and is negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance available and a voluntary dental plan is available.
How to Apply for the Position
- If you are interested in applying for the Peer Mentor position, please submit your resume by email or fax to:
- We are looking to hire soon, so act fast if you are interested.
Disability Rights & Resources does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, national origin, ethnicity or disability.