JOB OPENING - Independent Living Coordinator
Full-time permanent position: M-F 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Permalink to We're Hiring
Living independently with a disability is a plus.
SUMMARY: Empower consumers by providing our requested services so that they may achieve their goals of independent living in their chosen community; provide outreach, public speaking and training to people who have disabilities living in NWGA and to the community to educate them of their choices and opportunities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a field of study relevant to the provision of Independent Living Services and/or one to two years of experience in the direct delivery of human services. Personal experience in living independently with a disability may be substituted for certain educational or work requirements.
• Familiarity with IL philosophy and disability rights.
• Familiarity with human disabilities and ability to work with diverse populations of individuals with disabilities.
• Internally motivated, able to work independently as well as with the center’s team.
• Excellent people, listening, organizational, computer, and oral/written communications skills and work ethic.
• Facility with Word, Excel and quickly learning and using new software
• Ability to travel and work flexible hours as the job necessitates.
• Ability to complete reports/documentation in a professional and timely manner.
• Fluency in English/Spanish (speaking, reading, and writing) a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Smoke Free Workplace