Executive Director Opening
Options for Independent Living Green Bay, WI
Options for Independent Living (Options) is a consumer-driven, consumer-managed organization serving 17 counties in Northeast Wisconsin and the Fox Valley. Options provides independent living services and offers innovative ways to meet day-to-day needs of individuals of any age with a disability while advocating for their independence and civil rights.
With a current annual budget of $1.5 million and a staff of 20, Options offers five mandated core services to consumers: (1) systems and individual advocacy, (2) information and referral, (3) independent living skills training, (4) peer counseling, and (5) transition (nursing facility to community and school to adult life). Additional support services include: residential accessibility consultation assessments, assistive technology, Work Incentives Benefits Counseling, Medicaid Personal Assistance Program, Equipment Loan Program and HOME Loan Program.
The Executive Director represents the Agency, those whom the Agency serves and the community. We are seeking a dynamic individual, with vision and excellent communication skills to interact with peers, legislators, current and prospective donors, the media and community are required. Most importantly, this person must truly believe in and live the philosophy of independent living – that individual choice and personal decision making are the mission of all involved in this Agency - and - must have the proven ability to advocate for disability rights and to increase public awareness on disability-related issues.
This individual is responsible for providing overall management of Options and service provision to individuals in the 17 county area. Excellent demonstrated team leadership, a strong business and financial acumen, and communication skills are requirements. This position requires an individual knowledgeable about programs, services and barriers that affect people with disabilities and those who are older.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in human service or management fields.
Experience: Five (5) years of human service program provision and / or administration; minimum one year of supervisory experience. Individual with a disability is preferred.
- Responsible for the overall fiscal management including budget preparation and monitoring. Oversee the financial status of the organization including developing long and short-range goals. Set financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of its programs and staff.
- Spearhead systems advocacy efforts.
- Prepare and submit appropriate grant applications that are consistent with the agency mission. Coordinate all fundraising activities as determined by the Board of Directors.
- Formulate and execute comprehensive marketing, branding and development strategies to ensure consistency throughout the organization and enhance revenue from major donors, foundations, government agencies and corporations utilizing all aspects of social media as appropriate.
- Lead the management team, hire, recruit, train, motivate and supervise staff members including conducting staff performance evaluations.
- Plan, implement and evaluate new programs and coordinate existing services in the 17 county service area.
- Liaison to the Board of Directors and Standing and Ad Hoc Committees.
- Act as liaison to local, state and national organizations and legislative entities to promote services for people with disabilities. This includes but is not limited to participating in achieving the goals and relevant activities of the Wisconsin Coalition of Independent Living Centers (WCILC) as appropriate.
SALARY: Compensation and benefits are commensurate with Options budget and the applicant’s experience and expertise. Further questions will be answered if an interview is offered.
POSITION START DATE: July 1, 2018
Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified persons with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.