Youth Transition IL Conversation Archive
March 28, 2012
Topic: Youth Transition: Back to the Future - 4 Core Services with a Twist
- Michael Beers, Transition Coordinator and
- Mary Olson, Peer Advocacy Coordinator – Summit ILC – Missoula, MT
- Sierra Royster, Youth Advocacy and Outreach Specialist – Alliance of Disability Advocates – Raleigh, NC
Join us to:
- Review the history of the 4 core services and how youth programs are looking at them with new eyes.
- Discover new ways to address youth issues and how they can be used to increase community participation and transition issues.
- Hear how youth from 2 CILs have grown their own programs and some of the tactics for keeping youth engaged.
- Discuss ways to enhance recruitment and retention practices that can be duplicated at your CIL.
"This teleconference (IL Conversation) is presented by New Community Opportunities, a national training and technical assistance program of Independent Living Research Utilization (ILRU). This presentation was organized and facilitated by APRIL.
"Support for this presentation was provided by the U.S. Department of Education, Rehabilitation Services Administration under grant #H400B100003. No official endorsement of the Department of Education should be inferred.
IL Conversations originated with the University of Arkansas, CURRENTS.
For more information, call: Kathy Hatch
Training and Technical Assistance
APRIL and the IL Net
390 Crepe Myrtle Drive
Greer, SC 29561