IL Conversation September 13, 2012
"Managing Arthritis for Independent Living"
Click to download transcript: http://www.april-rural.org/images/stories/2012/Arthritis%20transcript.doc
- Amber Wolfe – AgrAbility Project Coordinator, Arthritis Foundation
- Karen Funkenbusch – Program Director, Missouri AgrAbility Project
Join us to:
- Understand the scope of arthritis across the nation, and identify the types of arthritis.
- Identify the risk factors involved with, and the signs and symptoms of arthritis.
- Discuss the daily challenges presented when living with arthritis.
- Understand the types of alternative therapies and other forms of pain management.
- Gain insight into the resources available through the Arthritis Foundation and the AgrAbility projects.
Additional Resources of interest...
- AgrAbility A Program That Works by Robert Fetsch, Christine M. Helfrich, William E. Field, and Eric O. Olson; http://www.csrees.usda.gov/newsroom/newsletters/pdfs/agrability.pdf
- FARMING WITH ARTHRITIS -TRACTOR SIMPLE SOLUTIONS Poster http://agrability.missouri.edu/Resources/FarmingWithArthritisSimpleSolutionsTractor.pdf
- Ergonomic Tools for Comfort Poster; Mo AgrAbility Gardens for Every Body Project http://agrability.missouri.edu/Resources/ErgonomicTools-GardensForEveryBody.pdf
- Ergonomic Seats Poster; http://agrability.missouri.edu/Resources/ErgonomicSeat.pdf
- CDC Arthritis 24/7: Saving Lives, Protecting People, http://www.cdc.gov/arthritis/index.htm
- Some Work Many Don't APRIL IL Conversation KBF Power Point File
IL Conversations is a CIL-Net presentation hosted by APRIL in cooperation with ILRU and NCIL, and provides IL practitioners with an opportunity to talk with colleagues about the nuts and bolts of running a center for independent living and providing core and other services, as well as to address broader state and national issues impacting CILs, SILCs, and people with disabilities. Watch for our next IL Conversation Announcement! Different facilitators who are currently working in the field will join us to lead the discussion, answer questions and refer participants to additional resources.
IL Conversations originated with the University of Arkansas, CURRENTS.
For more information, call:
Training and Technical Assistance
APRIL and the IL Net
390 Crepe Myrtle Drive
Greer, SC 29651