June 25, 2014 3:00 - 4:30 pm Eastern Time
Topic: Veterans in Agriculture
Michael O’Gorman – Executive Director – Farmer Veteran Coalition
Paul Jones – National AgrAbility Project – Purdue University, IN
Will Milzarski – Infantry Officer, Army
- What are some of the Disability Barriers and potential solutions for Veterans interested in Agriculture?
- What Organizations and other resources are available to help Veterans interested in Agriculture?
- Options for Veterans with Disabilities to enter into Farming
- How can Farmer Veteran Coalition and its partners help?
- Service members leaving military service have options to learn and become small business owners. What programs are offered to newly discharged service members?
Call in from a quiet location and join the discussion or feel free to just listen in. IL Conversations is a CIL-Net presentation hosted by APRIL in cooperation with ILRU and NCIL, and provides IL practitioners with an opportunity to talk with colleagues about the nuts and bolts of running a center for independent living and providing core and other services, as well as to address broader state and national issues impacting CILs, SILCs, and people with disabilities. Watch for our next IL Conversation Announcement! Different facilitators who are currently working in the field will join us to lead the discussion, answer questions and refer participants to additional resources.
Again, to join your colleagues in discussing this IMPORTANT Independent Living issue, call the APRIL Bridgeline,
267.507.0400 - pin code 922899, on May 29th at 3:00 pm EASTERN TIME.
PLEASE JOIN US!
IL Conversations originated with the University of Arkansas, CURRENTS.
This IL Conversation is presented by the CIL-NET (or SILC-NET as appropriate). The CIL-NET is operated by the Independent Living Research Utilization program at TIRR Memorial Hermann in partnership with the National Council on Independent Living and the Association of Programs for Rural Independent Living. Support for the presentation was provided by the U.S. Department of Education, Rehabilitation Services Administration. No official endorsement of the Department of Education should be inferred.
For more information, call:
APRIL Director of Operations
APRIL and the IL Net
11324 Arcade Dr., Ste. 9
Little Rock, AR 72212