The Importance of Rural Transportation to People with Disabilities:
An Update on Reauthorization of the Transportation Act
James Corless, Director of Transportation for
Join us to:
- Get an update on where we are on reauthorization of the Transportation Act in 2011-12. Are we looking at a 2 or 6 year bill or an extension?
- Hear what parts of the current law are working in Rural
, what needs to be changed and how. America
- Ideas for filling gaps in accessible transportation – proposed consolidation of 5310, 5316 (JARC), 5317 (New Freedom) Grant Programs.
- Accessible vs. Available – What’s the difference?
- Share ideas and experiences from a rural CIL perspective.
Documents for today's call:
Policy Brief: Filling the Gaps in Accessible Transportation
Fact Sheet: Transportation's Section 5310: Where are we Going?
Fact Sheet definitions - What is Accessible V8
These are the links for the TRB report: Rural Transit Achievements: Assessing the Outcomes of Increased Funding for Rural Passenger Services Under SAFETEA-LU
- Full report: http://onlinepubs.trb.org/onlinepubs/tcrp/tcrp_webdoc_46.pdf
- The Research Results Digest: http://onlinepubs.trb.org/onlinepubs/tcrp/tcrp_rrd_93.pdf
- APRIL: http://www.april-rural.org/images/stories/20110907ilconversation/APRIL-Transportation_Act_Reauthorization_Position_Statement.doc
- T4America: http://www.april-rural.org/images/stories/20110907ilconversation/T4-Whitepaper-Rural-and-Small-Town-Communities.pdf
- Rural Assembly: http://www.ruralassembly.org/document/rural-transportation-policy-group-position-paper
IL Conversations is a CIL-Net presentation hosted by APRIL in cooperation with ILRU and NCIL, and provides IL practitioners with an opportunity to talk with colleagues about the nuts and bolts of running a center for independent living and providing core and other services, as well as to address broader state and national issues impacting CILs,
IL Conversations originated with the
This IL Conversation is presented by the CIL-
For more information, call or email:
Training and Technical Assistance
APRIL and the IL Net